Gaia Sagrada Retreat Center
Home 2018-03-31T05:42:44+00:00
gaiasangrada

Why The Name Gaia Sagrada For This Ayahuasca Retreat Center?

Ayahuasca retreat center in Ecuadetor

Gaia is a very old name for Mother Earth, or Mother Nature and that is why we used Gaia Sagrada for our ayahuasca retreat center. In Greek mythology Gaia birthed many of the major Gods who ruled over different sections of the Earth. Gaia is known as the nurturer, sustainer and giver of love to all who come to the goddess for support. She is known as the spirit of the Earth, plants, rocks and water and when you are blessed with darshan from nature, it is Gaia blessing you. Sagrada means “sacred” in Spanish, and of course our mother is sacred!

Ayahuasca Retreat

Gaia Sagrada is the perfect name for our ayahuasca retreat center and eco-community (eco-village) because we strive to be one with Mother Nature and live harmoniously on the Earth, which is a sacred being. It is also the perfect name because this is an ayahuasca retreat center of support and nurturing amidst natural beauty near Cuenca, Ecuador.

The Perfect Place For an Ayahuasca Retreat Center & Community

ayahuasca retreats

Ayahuasca Retreats Center

Cuenca, Ecuador was picked because of its low expenses, safety, ease of entry for visitors (no shots or visas required, only your passport), and also for its gorgeous, magical, and natural settings. It is a perfect place for ayahuasca retreats, mosquito free too! Ecuadorian people are  very friendly and helpful, “muy tranquilo!”

Gaia Sagrada Ayahuasca Retreat Center is nestled in a small community called Llayzhatan (Yay-zat-an) in the Andes Mountains, very close to Jadan (Ha-dan) which means “Close to Heaven.” What a perfect place for exploring ayahuasca retreats and san pedro retreats with authentic Ecuadorian shamans! Ecuador is quickly becoming a new destination for ayahausca retreats in South America.

Spirituality at Gaia Sagrada Ayahuasca Retreat Center is varied and we honor all paths. You are not required to adhere to any specific religious or spiritual beliefs to visit  Gaia Sagrada Ayahuasca Retreat center. You are able to be yourself! Ayahuasca retreats are open to all religions.

The Ecuadorian ayahuasca shamans and Ecuadorian san pedro shamans speak both English and Spanish, which is very rare at an ayahuasca retreat center in Ecuador or even Peru. Speak directly to the ayahuasca shamans and san pedro shamans in your own language (if it is English or Spanish).

If you would like to read about our spiritual perspective, check out our Ayahuasca Retreats Philosophy

Here you can experience:

• Ayahuasca Retreats and Ayahuasca Ceremonies with authentic Ayahuasca shamans.
  • San Pedro Retreats and San Pedro Ceremonies with authentic San Pedro shamans.
  • Meet Ayahuasca Shamans and San Pedro shamans who speak both Spanish and English.
  • Ayahuasca Retreats from the world  in the magical Andes Mountains of Ecuador.
  • Watch the hummingbirds, forests, pastures, and butterflies.
  • Partake in the nectar of flowers while you are sitting in  sunny gardens.
  • Take a day hike to the nearby waterfall.
  • Gaze at the milky way, distant planets, and galaxies.
  • Enjoy fireflies after dusk.
  • Be at peace in ayahuasca retreats while you dive into your inner worlds in a safe, beautiful paradise
  • Eco-Community atmosphere on an organic farm
  • Comfortable, modern housing so you can focus on your inner journey.

Relax in beautiful nature meditation spots everywhere on the land, or take a day trip into the city of Cuenca, Ecuador to see the historic sites. Cuenca is only a 45 minute ride away from Ayahuasca Retreats center .

Ayahuasca Retreats

If you are coming for community living at an ayahuasca retreat center, you will find a beautiful model in action. Eco-practices are widely used and you can learn something for your own building endeavors in the future. You can even build your own small house near Ayahuasca Retreats center if you decide you want to stay! Check out our Build it Forward program, a much cheaper and safer way to live in the country in the Cuenca, Ecuador area.

People here are living in a stress free environment, separated from the world, in a way that is rare and hard to find while the magic of ayahuasca retreats sets the energy. Whatever you find nurturing and adventurous for your consciousness and spirit, you will find it here at this heavenly organic eco-village and ayahuasca retreat center!

What is Ayahuasca?

Ayahuasca or iowaska, or yagé , is an entheogenic brew made out of Banisteriopsis caapi vine and other ingredients. The brew is used as a traditional spiritual medicine in ceremonies among the Indigenous peoples of Peru and Ecucador.

Welcome to Gaia Sagrada Ayahuasca  Retrests and San Pedro Retreat Center !

OpenMindTrips2-image

27 Comments

1. Desneige Gigault August 17, 2018 at 11:09 pm - Reply

Can I know when I’m gonna be sure about the trip on the September 1ft. I put my name on a waiting list. Thanks you have a great evening

• Christine Breese August 26, 2018 at 11:03 pm - Reply

Hello, We can’t check any of that from here, we just maintain the website, you will need to email them at gaiasagrada -at- umsonline.org

2. Frank Murphy July 15, 2018 at 9:48 pm - Reply

I am very interested in attending one of you’re retreats. My only concern is i have read that some people have been known to have negative experiences. Is this a possibility, or will the Shamans in attendance guide you through the negative phases of the ceremony.

• Christine Breese August 26, 2018 at 11:09 pm - Reply

People don’t have negative experiences here that aren’t part of their healing of something they need to let go or make peace with. Our shamans help people every step of the way and we have plenty of helpers at each ceremony. If you don’t have anything deep to heal, it’s probably unlikely you would have any negative experience, but if you do, we have helpers and shamans who get you through it! The goal is to let all those things go, and by the end of the retreat everyone is transformed in a big way and took quantum leaps in their evolution and healing!

3. Cesar July 14, 2018 at 6:00 am - Reply

Quiero jugar ajedrez

4. Stacy Bernstein June 24, 2018 at 7:02 pm - Reply

Hello! I was wondering if it was possible to come for an ayahuasca ceremony for just one or 2 nights? I am unable to do the entire 12 day retreat in November-December.

¡Hola! Me preguntaba si era posible venir a una ceremonia de ayahuasca por solo una o dos noches. No puedo hacer todo el retiro de 12 días en noviembre-diciembre.

• Christine Breese August 26, 2018 at 11:23 pm - Reply

Yes, just email gaiabooking -(at)- umsonline.org and they will set you up! we have one night ceremonies at the end of each retreat on the last day of retreat.

5. Derrice Fuller June 7, 2018 at 6:06 pm - Reply

I do not have any heart condition that would prevent me from taking this journey however, from my research of testimony the images can ( not always) as I do understand this journey is different for everyone. But… my concern is this: I have some deep “ scars” from exposure to extreme religious teachings which got embedded in my mind when I was a toddler of “ demons “ I had an unsupervised experience with “ blotter acid” what I saw was terrifying. “ a demon chased me but, I told myself it was the drugs and was able to somehow “ get away from him/it. My experience with acid was my one and only experience. But, I just want to make sure that if I should encounter a “ demon” will someone be able to help me come out of it? I don’t want to potentially have a “ heart attack”

• Christine Breese August 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm - Reply

Don’t worry! We have very skilled shamans who keep anything like that out of the circle, we instruct you on how to handle any kind of visual like that and help you understand that even demons are just hurt little children who need healing and not to be afraid of them. You can disempower a demon immediately by recognizing their hurt state, and even offer your help and the angels come in then. This confuses the dark spirits. So don’t worry, we teach you how to stand in your power with things like this, and we have lots of help at every ceremony, and skilled and attentive shamans. You have nothing to worry about! We will help you!